My words have always meant the world to me. They describe who I am, and what is so vigorously important and significant in my everyday life. I have been given the gift to speak from my heart and the ability to just put it all out there no matter how vulnerable it may seem. At times I have had to steer away form writing and poetry. I found myself writing about heartbreak and pain, but as I have taken a break I have realized you move on in life. You discover who you are. You find things to enhance and edify your soul. If you know me at all you know that my main focus in life is to serve the lord. Throughout the past few months I have found the answer to all problems. The answer is love. We all search for it and want it but do we really know what it is.
People ask me daily. How do you do it? How have you came so far. They ask me about my trials, and my weakness and I tell them this. No matter what you are going through, no matter how hard it may seem or how far you are being dragged down. Love will make you new, and every heartbreak becomes beautiful. Christ will cradle you with his love, and if you keep him in your heart you can overcome any weakness. I tell them the reason I make it everyday is not because I look at how far I have to go but at how far I have come.
It's overwhelming how strong the power of the adversary is. Satan confuses love, happiness, and hope for aniexty, depressions and self hate. We go to the temples and we attend church. We sacrifice time to walk in holy places to find peace from all the chaos. In those still silent places we receive answers, and comfort. Those are the places our Savior likes to speak to us, but when we leave we are back in the real world and we need to remember who we are.
All experiences in life can be converted into something beneficial. Because of my experiences in life I have developed a variety of intuitive skills that help me to understand others. I am quick to understand personality traits and emotion. My experiences will allow me to serve others and be compassionate towards others and what they are facing in life. I value these characteristics because they are qualities our savior has and by remembering who I am which is a daughter of god I am remembering christ and how everyday I want to work to be more like him. We all have conflict in life but what I have learned is how you look at it. I have to remind myself everyday that you are always in control of your emotions. The only way people have power over that is if you give it to them. Christ suffered for us. More pain then we could imagine and because he didn't run from it we have been given one of the most sacred things which is the atonement. Something that I could never express enough gratitude for. Everyone is fighting a battle if we take the focus off of us we are able to see things much clearer. Whatever I look for I find which is why I look for the positive characteristics of others. If people fail you forgive the hurtful actions and don't take it personal. I think sometimes we tell ourselves we have forgiven someone when really we haven't. It's when we draw closer to god and ask for the strength to forgive another that we truly let ourselves off the hook. Commit yourself to accept people as they are. We never ever know why people are the way they are or why they look the way they look. You are an instrument to reach out to others. You have to be open to new relationships but also remember that your worth is not dependent on whether others approve of you or appreciate you. God places all the right people in your life and it's up to you to decide what you want to do with those relationships.
I challenge anyone reading this to make a visual picture in your mind of who you want to become, and then practice being the kind of person you invasion. You become what you practice, and remember who you are.