1. A healthier lifestyle. That requires exercise at least three times a week.
When it comes to choosing to live a healthier lifestyle I don't think that means a diet, or loosing weight. I never weigh myself. I think a scale is a self depreciating tool that satan uses to make yourself feel not good enough. Why I exercise and try to surround myself with healthier options is because it makes me feel better about myself. It sends endorphins to my brain. It gives me more confidence. It makes my nails and hair grow longer.
2. Lower Expectations. I am someone who loves the human mind. I love figuring out how it works. I love figuring out why someone acts the way they do or what kind of personality they have. I have studied it so much that it's almost like I know someone before I even meet them. However then sometimes I think everyone is the same and everyone acts the way that I act or does things the way that I do. You would think with as much knowledge that I have about personality and so forth that I wouldn't run into this problem but I do. I expect everyone to do things the way I do. I want everything done perfect. I want to always be finding a way to do something better. I want to do things myself so they get done the right way. I am someone who goes above and beyond for others. The whole ten yards around the ball park and back kinda thing. Well unfortunately not everyone works that way and I am going to make it a goal to not have such high expectations on everything because most of the time people don't meet those expectations and I am disappointed. Its good to have high expectations but only to a certain degree.
3. Be More Realistic. For some reason I always thought my life was one big fairytale. That one day I would wake up and be living in an enchanted world of my own. I wrote a list of all the many things my future husband would have and wanted every single thing on my list. I pictures him bring my flowers every week and taking me to magical places and saying and doing everything I imagined in my mind the night before. I think this goes a lot with lowering my expectations however I think being more realistic and thinking more with my head and less with my heart will help a lot.
4. Attend the Temple Weekly. I live two blocks from the temple. You would think I could make time to serve the lord a little more often. This goal needs to be accomplished.
5. Early to Bed Early to Rise. I got a really strong impression lately from my scriptures in D&C 88:118 and several verses after. I can't remember everyone exactly. It talked about being more educated on important things. Like studying and really understanding the scriptures. Obviously there are nights where staying out late is totally appropriate. I just feel like even if I stay up late or go to bed early I still sleep in way to late. I don't wake up until I have work and there could be so many other things I could be accomplishing in that spare time.
6. Establish a House of Prayer, Fasting, Faith and Learning. This also goes along with the scripture in D&C. Prayer is one of the most important things in my life. I would be no where without it. I realize how much it impacts my life when I never forget it. When I do forget it things start to not seem as clear. Prayer leads us to opportunities to ask god for help, and to thank him. It give us peace of mind when we are praying, fasting, relying on faith and learning more about the gospel of Jesus Christ.
7. Clothe Yourself with the Bond of Charity. Having compassion and love for others and for yourself is ultimately the way to become more like our savior. It is how we find perfection and peace. A little less anger and a little more love is what I am seeking for, and lots and lots of service.
8. Never Make Permanent Decisions off of Temporary Feelings. I am a very sensitive person. Little things hurt me or upset me and I am not one to keep my emotions in. These days it's so easy to get upset over a stupid text message or say something you don't mean because it is a lot easier saying it in a text then saying it to their face. Some people hate confrontation others prefer face to face. Everyone is different but there has been times where I have been quite upset being hung up over a text message. When people get their heart broken or someone does something terrible to them we do things we don't usually do. The reason I realize this is because looking back on things there has been a lot of time I wish I would of reacted a totally different way. I tried something recently. Someone sent me a pretty disappointing text message. I couldn't believe it. It hurt my feeling so much. I wanted to say something back just as hurtful. Instead I decided to not respond and allowed myself some time to really ponder what I wanted to say. After five hours I responded. My text was full of love and compassion for the other persons situation. I felt for them more then I felt for myself. I had no anger and when I woke up the next day I held no anger. I had never felt more refreshed and alive. In any other situation I would of said something terrible. Held onto a lot of anger and ended up only hurting myself and feeling terrible about what I said in the long run. Never Make a Permanent Decision off of a Temporary Feeling.
9. Keep a Gratitude Journal. Recently the lady I work with said she has always kept a gratitude journal. I am going to talk further into this in another post but you open it up and it has 150 things you forget to be grateful for. Then it goes on with quotes and wonderful words of wisdom. It also has everyday of the year and three lines underneath the dates so you can write three things you are grateful for everyday. What a great way to remember your blessings.
10. Fall into Your Reading. I really want to start reading a lot more then I do. I want to get a library card and fill my room with books. They are wonderful and they increase your writing ability. I have been thinking I may want to take a writing class for the first time in my life. I love it very very much.
Anyways! What a great year this will be if I can stick to these resolutions. I truly believe it will bring me great happiness and joy.
I plan on framing these and keeping them right next to my bed so I always remember as I wake up.
I plan on framing these and keeping them right next to my bed so I always remember as I wake up.

