Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Nothing of me is original, I am the combined effort of everyone I've ever known.


There was a man that used to carry me on his shoulders, he would take me to the park and we would have picnics. We played games everyday, and he made sure I never cheated, even though I was to young to understand. This man taught me to stand up for myself, he showed me how to be competitive, and he showed me what I deserve by loving my mother. On a knee each night he prays for my well being, and 20 years later as he takes a knee, I know in my heart he still prays for his little girl.
Nothing of me is original, I am the combined effort of everyone I've ever known.
There was a man who I once fell in love with. His big brown eyes and sweet sweet heart kept me always leaning on our love. I thought he would be my forever. I saw us building a family, and spending every waking minute together for the rest of our lives. Until one morning I woke up and wanted more. I deserved more and this young love wasn't as powerful as I worked it up to be. I took a new path in life. The path of being alone. The path of finding myself. The path of looking and searching for what I wanted out of time, love, family and relationships.
Nothing of me is original, I am the combined effort of everyone I've ever known.
There was a friend who knew more about me then myself. She stood by my side as I tried to figure out who I was. She was my shoulder to cry on, my reassurance that everything would be okay. She was my person. Young or old our friendship continues, and because we are so similar I am always reminded it's never to late to be whoever you have wanted to be, and how you should never be afraid to give yourself everything you deserve in life.
Nothing of me is original, I am the combined effort of everyone I've ever known.
There was a man I once knew, and still to this day I feel as though he is always with me. His love warms my heart and brightens my spirit. This man is our savior. My heavenly father was one of the many people who made me who I am, and sent me to this earth so he could continue to challenge me everyday.
Nothing of me is original, I am the combined effort of everyone I've ever known.