My blog posts have been very limited lately. I went from writing daily to not writing in several months.
Many of you know I am a member of the LDS Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and if you didn't know that, well.....now you do. This weekend I was able to listen to words by some of the most powerful people in the church. The spirit was so strong. Any of you who participated in conference know that something huge happened. They changed the age requirements for men as well as women to serve a mission. For me this was huge. I had always wanted to serve a mission. Now I was in a whole different place in my life. I started to reflect on how so much can change in so little time. Three months ago if they would have changed the age requirements I would have been sending out my papers as soon as possible, but as I look at my life right now so content and happy with a signed apartment lease and a great new job there is no possible way I would feel right about leaving. Life is all about timing, patience and what is so close around the corner. I can't help but think the lord has something else in mind for me.
This change this wonderful new thing that happened will allow so many young adults to serve the lord, which is absolutely inspiring. It's helped me reflect so much on who I am as a person and even though I won't be serving a mission right now just knowing I was once preparing for one has made such a difference in my life.