Wednesday, October 31, 2012

How long do you want to be loved?


I am a prisoner of my own heart. Reaching for more, trying to breathe, wondering what on earth could possibly intimidate me into chasing a fantasy that seems to have no hope. Here I am just me. That's all I have to offer. Asking you to let me in, asking you to try, asking you to see whats really underneath this olive skin.
My thoughts only linger. Into places they shouldn't. Places where everyone is happy. Problems don't exist. Fighting the battle of life seems easy. There I am. My head on your shoulder, watching the stars in the sky. Wondering how a moment could be so perfect.
Then I wake up and realize. I can't do it alone. I can't be that girl who waits. Your words only continue to hold me in a place I don't want to be. A place that seems too familiar. A place that brings back unwanted memories, but there you are a prisoner of your own heart. Reaching for more, trying to breathe, wondering what could possibly be worse then goodbye. There you are just you, hanging on to a love that has a expiration date. Shutting out people who have your best interest at heart. My walls go up my walls go down. I don't know what line I am walking on or what line to cross. I struggle to find the words you need to hear. I pray you find strength in your moments of weakness. I pray that you will live a life directed by the spirit, because as much as I try to shine, nothing will ever shine as bright. Last of all, I don't know what more can be spoken.
What I need is so simple, what I want takes a lot of faith, what I deserve is more. So do you.