I have a lot of joy in my heart today. Not only is it Christmas Eve but the happiness that fills our home is magical. I remember last Christmas Eve. It was very different from this year. I wasn't the same person at all. I wasn't the Kayla that I have always been. Every celebration every moment that I realize how truly happy I am. I realize how far I have come in my life. I take a second to look back and think of all I have been threw and all that I have overcome. It brings tear to my eyes because I knew there were days when I never believed in being this happy.
Sometimes its in the moments where I am chasing my brother around the house laughing and singing.
Grabbing him tight. Or the times where we are all sitting my the fire telling stories. Or even late at night when were all cuddled up on the couch drinking hot cocoa. Its these moments that I realize how truly blessed I am to be alive. I want to thank god for all he has given me in my life. For every single trial. For every single tear. For every time I wanted to give up. Because I didn't and look where I am today. I have never been more happy with who I am. I am not perfect, but I love the person I see in the mirror every morning. I want to thank god for a wonderful family and friends who continue to make me a better person.
This Christmas season should be all about Christ our savior and his birth. Without my savior I wouldn't have the atonement and without that I would be nothing. I believe in this gospel without a doubt. I see it in the smiles of my family and in the smiles within myself everyday that I choose to be obedient and life my life followed by the spirit.
Merry Christmas World!
