As you grow older you really never stop fearing things. You just start fearing different things. I remember growing up my biggest fear was that someone would somehow find their way into my house and steal me away forever. I think the side of my parents bed was where I slept most of the time between the ages of 8-16. We all grow up and let go of many of those fears but grasp onto others.
For me there's a fear I can't quite shake. It's love. You would think love would be the happiest thing in the world because it is, however once you have something at the palm of your hands it can be taken away from you at any moment. It's a scary thing when your a women who has the tendency to be quite fragile. Though I find myself afraid I realize this thing that I've found. This so called love. Could also have the tendencies to be quite great. I am no longer a little kid. I can't find a place on the side of my mammas bed but what I can do is get onto my knees each night and pray to my father above to calm my fears.
I think the wounded have a hard time with trust. Everyone wants a happy ending and sometimes it's a lot harder to get there for some people.
