Thursday, February 23, 2012

Don't Be Like the Rest of Them Darling


It blows my mind how easily a picture can express emotion. Some people love from their eyes. Many from their smile. I tend to believe a picture can also show who we are as a person as well as who we used to be. Some photos reflect light and peace. You can't stop looking at them without feeling happiness in your heart. Other times you have a lose for words because sadness is the only emotion you can connect with. We take the time to photograph many living moments.
So that we can have heritage of our human life. I love seeing pictures of families and newly engaged couples. Little children and mothers with their newborn baby. I get the same happy feelings that I get when I look at a picture of our Savior Jesus Christ. We can never have too much happy, which is why it breaks my heart to see pictures that represent the dedication the devil has to continue to develop the natural man. Pictures of murder, pornography, models to skinny to breathe.
It all portrays that dark, gloomy, un satisfying feeling. It breaks my heart to see women so beautiful and happy in pictures once upon a time. Then suddenly so easy to give into temptation. You look into a photograph and can only see the shade to their eyes. The eyes that so freely used to look with pure love. Perhaps its so easy for me to extinguish these dark feelings because I once was in a position where the gloomy days over powered the sunny ones. It took a lot to overcome the emotional abuse and loss of self worth in my life. My light slowly burnt out and as I held up a picture from different points in my life. It was so easy to tell how I handled adversity.
Photographs are just like our lives, because they are captured moments of the minutes we have spent on this earth. The purest thing this world had to offer is the children of god. We were all one of those many years ago, and technically we still are. The truth be told, gods plan we will never understand, but what we can understand is the difference between good and evil.
We must not pray for the absence of adversity but for the strength to overcome it. As life lingers on. It's in the photographs where we leave our heritage. We don't just need a written word to explain what our live were all about because a picture can always show the most honest emotion. Be mindful of the girl in the picture. Do you remember who you are?