
In a busy world, communication is vital, and plays a huge part in our success. Not only do we communicate verbally, and threw written word. We also find communication in attire, material items, and ways of expression. When we express ourselves we are communicating to the world who we are as an individual. Perhaps the way I choose to dress based on my lifestyles send's a message. For instance why do Business Men “Suit up?”
"Something about a guy dressed in a suit makes you think. ‘What does he do for a living’? For all you know that person is a janitor who owns one really nice suit, and a few different ties to keep things interesting, but his attire makes you assume that he is wealthy or well off." -Jaxson Peterson
Just like business men and women we all communicate threw the things that we wear, sometimes career choice makes a huge different. I plan on being a nurse so essentially I have to wear scrubs. Based on the color of the scrubs you might think, surgeon, or doctor, nurse or dental assistant. My style changes daily, I love to stand out and be bold, I love adding character to my attire. High heels, skinny jeans, bright colored blouses, gold watches, I love dressing up for date nights, and special occasions however I still consider myself a country girl at heart, and love a day getting my hands dirty sporting jeans and a tee-shirt. Fashion for me has always been important, my mind is so fast paced and long acting that I am brilliant when it comes to mixing, matching and creating. True Religion, Sevens, Tiffany's, H&M, Abercrombie, Betsey Johnson, Forever 21, Buckle. I wear these cloths because they make me feel good and look good, and when I look good I accomplish more, however my choice of style put out an image that I have a lot of money and enjoy the attention and popularity from peers, and people who know me well enough know my style is a way of telling people who I am.
Communication threw written word is a god given gift. My talent gives me the ability to write about emotions, and trials so honestly. I'm a sucker for sappy, gooey love stories and am definitely a hopeless romantic. My greatest work is what comes straight from my heart. Perhaps my ability to express honest, leads my writing in a direction so powerful and passionate and filled with emotions. Many people do not understand their emotions or can't seem to express them with the fear their communicating weakness to others, however the greatest accomplishment's and mild blowing talent triggers from emotions. By having such a strong connection between myself and my feelings I have developed so many talents. Photography, Writing, Interior Design, The Ability to Nurture, Singing, Art Work, Cooking, and Party Planning. I know as I grow up I will continue to express myself threw my talents. Photographing my children, writing a novel, designing my home with lot's of light and peaceful colors, working in the Medical Field, serenading on the piano, painting artwork, baking/cooking for my family, designing my wedding, my children's birthday parties, and family events.
Because of the love I have for people, I constantly choose to be in an environment to engage and interact. I have had to learn to not care as much about what people think of me. Because of that confidence, I am able to easily put a smile on my face, without social anxiety of talking to someone new. It's interesting how people communicate, and that's something I like about meeting new people, because I am so in-tune with my emotions and feelings. It is so easy for me to have a taste of someone's personality with-in seconds. I have battled a lot of challenges in life, and had to realize trigger points of emotions, why we act the way we do, and the reasoning behind our personality traits. I've studied the book "The Color Code." By Dr. Robert Hartman. Red, the power wielder, Blue the do-gooders. White, the peace makers, and Yellow the fun lovers. By studying these personality's and how they communicate to others has really impacted my ability to establish the many personality traits in someone by single conversation.
With all the different opportunity, situations and trial I have overcome in life. Communication is not something I struggle with because I have studied it so definably I know how it works. I could continue to go on about all the different ways I communicate, however the best way I communicate on a more personal level is threw the spirit of our Savior Jesus Christ, because I have a such a strong testimony of the gospel I carry a light that shines from my personality and expressions. It allows me to be happy and at peace understanding the difference between communicate from God and communication from the Natural Man. (Satan)
There are certain kinds of un-Christlike communications which destroy relationships and are not for our development but are for our destruction. They result in a diminished opportunity of returning home safely to Heavenly Father. One of the major ways that Satan uses to retard the development of righteous relationships is in the use of gossip, rumor, and slander on his communication network. Perhaps the more common un-Christlike communications are those of lying, blaming, criticizing, and anger.
With the gifts of faith and the pure love of christ I am able to be charitable to others by being a reflection of our Savior, and recognizing the holy ghost which is god's communication to us. Being in tune with the spirit allows me to teach others. With that power they are able to feel god's love and recognize the teachings of the gospel so they can receive the greatest of all earthly blessings. When understanding how we communicate we come to find out that not everyone communicates like one another, and everyone chooses to communicate in their own way.
"May we be found communicating with each other in a manner in which the Savior would communicate. Christlike communications are expressed in tones of love rather than loudness. They are intended to be helpful rather than hurtful. They tend to bind us together rather than to drive us apart. They tend to build rather than to belittle.
Christlike communications are expressions of affection and not anger, truth and not fabrication, compassion and not contention, respect and not ridicule, counsel and not criticism, correction and not condemnation. They are spoken with clarity and not with confusion. They may be tender or they may be tough, but they must always be tempered.
The real challenge that we face in our communications with others is to condition our hearts to have Christlike feelings for all of Heavenly Father’s children. When we develop this concern for the condition of others, we then will communicate with them as the Savior would. We will then warm the hearts of those who may be suffering in silence. As we meet people with special needs along life’s way, we can then make their journey brighter by the things that we say.
Christlike communications will help us to develop righteous relationships and ultimately to return to our heavenly home safely. May we treasure the divine gift of communication, and may we use it wisely to build and to assist others on this marvelous journey through mortality." -Lionel Kendrick

